A good diet is really important to help strengthen the immune system and avoid possible infections or diseases such as the flu or cold. There are a number of foods rich in nutrients and vitamins that it is important that you incorporate into your daily diet and in this way always keep your immune system on guard against the presence of any virus.
What foods to eat to strengthen your immune system
- Yogurt contains a number of healthy bacteria called probiotics that keep the gut and intestinal tract free of disease causing germs. Eating one yogurt a day will help you perfectly strengthen your immune system.
- An oatmeal-based breakfast will provide you with a series of nutrients such as beta-glucan that will make you much less likely to contract the flu or another series of viral processes that affect the body.
- This very healthy food contains an active ingredient called allicin that helps fight infections and bacteria that can affect the body. That is why garlic should not be missing from your diet and take it several times a week.
- This drink is an excellent source of l-theanine, it is an amino acid that helps to strengthen and increase the body’s immune system. Do not hesitate to drink a couple of cups of tea a day and benefit from all its properties.
- Fish and seafood. Selenium is a substance found in most shellfish that helps protect the body from the spread of possible viruses such as the flu. For their part, fish such as salmon, mackerel or tuna are rich in healthy omega 3 fats that protect the lungs from possible colds and respiratory infections.
- Mushroom intake helps increase the production and activity of white blood cells, which helps to have a much stronger immune system against possible infections.
Do not hesitate to take these foods that will help you strengthen the entire immune system.