Running is a sport that is very fashionable lately and there are many people who practice it to feel good about their bodies. As in any sport, food occupies a very important place since the body needs a series of nutrients to carry out physical activity correctly. If you like to run and you practice it regularly, take note of those foods that cannot be missing from your daily diet so that your body works properly.
What should you eat if you run?
- There is nothing better than starting the day with some oatmeal. It is a highly beneficial cereal for health and is perfect for those people who do sports. Its intake provides a good amount of carbohydrates that gives the energy necessary to perform the desired physical exercise.
- Eggs are rich in protein, which makes them a totally essential food for athletes. The body receives all the amino acids it needs for all the muscles to recover after a race.
- It is some food rich in protein and calcium and also contains a series of bacteria that help a good digestion of food, something really important for athletes.
- It is one of the foods with the most nutrients for the body. Omega 3 fatty acids help the body to recover after physical exertion.
- A good handful of almonds at mid-morning is perfect for your body to receive a good dose of vitamin E and for your immune system to be strengthened.
- The banana is an excellent source of carbohydrates, so it is a perfect fruit for you to take after a race and to recover all your energy. In addition to this, it is rich in potassium, a mineral that the body loses during physical exercise.