These are months where everyone gets their act together and physical exercise plays an important role in the lives of a large part of the population. Summer is just around the corner and you have to boast of a good body. Food plays a fundamental role in all this and that is why there are a series of foods that you should eat and incorporate into your daily diet if you do some physical exercise and want your body to recover from such an effort.
What to eat before and after exercising?
- After a good training session there are two elements that cannot be missing from your meal: proteins and carbohydrates. Eggs are an excellent source of protein and one of the few foods that contain vitamin D. You can choose to eat them raw or cooked, they are just as nutritious.
- A good option to eat healthy carbohydrates is brown rice, but if you want a really complete and nutritious food you should incorporate quinoa into your diet. It is quite rich in protein and fiber, making it an essential food to eat after exercising.
- Orange juice. Put aside the energy drinks and opt for a nutritious orange juice. In addition to being an excellent source of vitamin C, it is a good source of potassium, so it will help the body to recover from exertion and training.
- This fruit is rich in healthy carbohydrates that will help restore your body ‘s glycogen levels and is also a wonderful source of potassium.
- This kind of fish is an excellent source of protein and its omega 3 fatty acids will help you rebuild your muscles and increase your physical performance.
With this series of foods, your body will recover perfectly after a hard session of physical training and will obtain all the necessary nutrients to be in perfect condition again.